Summer Athletic Camps
153 Garside Avenue, Wayne, NJ 07470 973-956-0033
See below for different Athletic summer camps the Wayne Boys & Girls Club has to offer!
An outstanding staff is on hand to teach the fundamentals of softball. The camp will focus on different aspects of the game each day. The best way for ballplayers to learn is by extensive practice. Our drills and techniques will cover such game basics as: • throwing mechanics• base running• bunting• hitting• sliding• catching• pitching• infield & outfield play
● Tara Houser: 4-Time NCAA Softball All-American, NJAC Female Athlete of the Year & Hall of Fame Athlete at Montclair State University
● Marc Houser: 2000 NCAA Baseball National Champion, Current Baseball Coach at Demarest High School, 2018 Bergen County Coach of the Year & Hall of Fame Athlete at Glen Ridge HS
● Gianna LaMorges: Wayne Valley 2-year captain, 3-time All-Conference & All-County player, currently playing for the NJ Heist & at Rowan University.
● Wayne Panthers Travel Softball Coaches
● High school softball players
- Camp session #1: July 11-14, 2022 (Raindate: 7/15)
- Camp session #2: July 18-21, 2022 (Raindate: 7/22)
- 9:00AM – 1:00PM AGES 6 – 13
Dotterwich Fields (Next to Boys & Girls Club of Wayne, 153 Garside Avenue, Wayne, NJ 07470)
REGISTRATION FEE & PAYMENT OPTIONS:
● $175 - 1 week session of camp
● $325 - 2 weeks of camp ($25 savings)
● ONLINE: www.bgcnwnj.org
This camp is for softball players that love the game of softball as much as we do. Each day, intensive individual & group instruction will be given in the fundamentals of softball. Every aspect of the game will be covered, which includes throwing, catching, fielding, hitting, bunting, base running, and pitching. The last hour will include small sided games and competition.
We are looking forward to coaching your child at All- American Girls Softball Camp. A camp that prides itself on being a safe and fun learning environment to have your child become a more skilled and knowledgeable softball player.
• Instruction in all phases of the game • Highly qualified staff • Camp t-shirt • Fun & Games: water balloon toss & slip ‘n slide
WHAT TO BRING
• Cleats or Sneakers (required) • Fielding face mask (highly recommended) • Softball Glove (required) • Bat (suggested) • Batting Helmet (highly recommended)
• Batting Gloves • Catcher’s equipment • Softball visor, hat or • Sun Screen • Snack & Drinks (required) • Any allergy/Medication • THE WILL TO LEARN!
The Wayne Boys & Girls Club Soccer Camp is specifically designed for the needs of soccer players on all levels. Join us for a great week of soccer for both boys and girls. Specialized goalkeeper training will be provided. All activities are designed to be FUN and EFFECTIVE. Players will be divided by age and skill level.
Boys & Girls Club of NWNJ Wayne Unit Soccer Camp Features
- TECHNICAL & TACTICAL TRAINING
- SMALL SIDED SCRIMMAGES
- INDIVIDUAL TRAINING
- TEAM TRAINING
This camp session will run July 18-22, is available for campers age K-8, and will take place at Barbour's Pond in Wayne NJ.
See the attached flyer and registration form for more information such as program times and fees!
A $20 Processing Fee will be charged for all refunds.
All-Star Football Camp is an “instructional camp” designed to teach and further develop your individual skills. All-Star Football Camp is a “non-contact” camp. Our camp teaches self-confidence, respect and success and provides:
- First rate instruction from the finest football coaches/players in the area
- Low camper to coach ratio
- Station drills; small group instruction
- Two touch football games daily
- Speed, strength & agility training
- Punt, pass & kick competitions
- Individual and team awards
Camp will take place July 11-14 from 9am to 3pm at David Waks Memorial Field ( formerly Barbour Pond Field ) Barbour Pond Rd., Wayne, NJ.
Available to athletes entering grades 2nd through 8th. Players will be divided into groups by age and/or ability.
Check out the registration form for more details and program prices!
Boys & Girls Club of NWNJ Wayne Unit Basketball Camp Goals• Fun• Safe• Instruction• Full Participation Environment A typical camp day will consist of drills, scrimmages, contests, and fun. The pace of the camp moves quickly in order to keep all of the campers fully engaged throughout the session. There will be a brief break in the middle of each session during which time the snack bar will be open.
The Boys and Girls Club of Wayne Basketball Camp will be run for the 17th year by Coach Ken Ferrare. Ken has been a Boys Varsity Basketball coach for 18 years in 2018 he was selected as Head Coach for the North team in the exclusive NJSIAA High School Senior North/South All-Star game played at Rider College. Additional staff members consist of enthusiastic former college and high school basketball players.
Camp session: August 8th-12th, 2022
TIMES: Grades K-3 9am-12pm-Grades 4-8 1pm-4pm
LOCATION: Anthony Wayne Main Gym-201 Garside Avenue, Wayne